Skip to main content

DR. OLUYINKA O. OLUTOYE, MD, Ph.D.

DR. OLUYINKA O. OLUTOYE, MD, Ph.D.: Is a Nigerian Physician, who carried out a delicate surgery on a 23 weeks old foetus who was removed from the mother’s womb, operated upon, and returned to the womb to heal and continue to grow until the baby girl was born at 36 weeks healthy and naturally.

Baby Lynlee Hope suffered from a tumor known as Sacrococcygeal Teratoma.
According to CNN, in 2016, Margaret Boemer went in for a routine ultrasound at 16 weeks that revealed a rare birth defect. At 23 weeks, she and her baby, named LynLee, underwent a five-hour fetal surgery.

Dr. Olunyinka and Dr. Darrell Cass, co-led a team of 21 doctors to remove a sacrococcygeal teratoma, a large tumor from the baby’s tailbone. To safely remove the tumor, the surgical duo removed the baby from the uterus for 20 minutes. Then, they placed LynLee back into the womb for the remainder of the gestation period, after which she was born healthily.

Following his role in a groundbreaking surgery, Olutoye was appointed Surgeon-In-Chief at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in the U.S. He now leads one of the largest children’s hospital surgery departments in the world

Dr. Oluyinka is a Co-Director of the Texas Children's Fetal Center at Texas Children's Hospital. He is also a Professor of Surgery, Pediatrics, and Obstetrics, at Baylor College of Medicine.
WATCHING his presentation at TEDxTalk in Virginia, you will understand why "We have a genius" living among us.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Guy was a Fraud!

Author: Nancy B.K Was the story intended for public view?   I am yet to find that out. You see we are all born to be wise by the admonitions taught. The Perfect Guy Movie I once gave up on everything, the work of not becoming myself just to become perfect and looking for the perfect guy. NOTE: If you are looking for the perfect guy, then you need to watch some thriller called ‘The perfect guy’ … forgetting that we are the ones to make our partners perfect because Mr.  & Ms. Perfect don’t exist, save for movie scripts and Mexican soap operas. You know the likes of Alejandro & Maximiliano from the soap operas. They say everyone is perfect in their own way but “my way” I still don’t know where it lies because as I came to learn Nobody’s perfect. Let’s say it’s because I haven’t got my ‘Mr. Right’, but is there really such a thing like a perfect partner? Maybe there is one out there perfectly created for me. Let me tell you of one, Alex “my ideal perfect ...

Mind Games. Just Who Is In Charge? ~ Diaries!

My Diaries 1. Author: Bree.K From my diaries, about Mind Games, and how the modern gal and the modern dude wanna control each other... Let me get this right, so what’s bae? Is it an acronym that stands for ‘ before anyone else ’ or the shortened version for baby or babe? (according to google). This word lost meaning to me after my last encounter in a  situation-ship , lol, let me just say the last encounter with a guy I shared most of my teenage memories with. (You know those stupid happy lovey lovey moments, when you are this hot high school gal, that every Tom, Dick & Harry is yearning for?) Story for another day... to be continued ... Back to mind games and I stand to be corrected; I don’t think anyone in my generation still believes in marriage...(Can't believe I just said that) Dating has to be the sweet-bitter experience, yes we hang out, take selfies with the magic selfie-stick, post them on instagram, create love stories with them on  snap chat ,...

Her So Far Away!

In Her Own World Life has always been a journey, a journey with lots and lots of challenges. A journey with both success stories and failure. A journey for the strong and the weak where time and chance happens to both but only the smart ones sail through. Look, on this journey of life, in my daily hustles and bustles, I meet lots of people, people who have had positive and negative impact in my life, in equal measures. And NO, my story is not on that line. My story is on "HER." Look, on this day I am walking out of my place of work and I spot  HER. You see, men can point out pointees amidst the crowd. True story; a pointee is a pointee if only she behaves like a pointee... so here I am stranded looking at this pointee, and yes, magic happens I get a smile. True to my male genes, by a split of a second I had her phone number, I had her name. Bingooooo!! I just scored. Couple of days later, thanks to WhatsApp, we were best friends, just like that, that's how it...