Skip to main content

PART1: MALAWI'S PRESIDENT BINGU WA MUTHARIKA DIES

PART1: MALAWI'S PRESIDENT BINGU WA MUTHARIKA DIES, APRIL 2012:  MOVIE LIKE HAPPENINGS-, POWER PLAY, PILOTS, SOUTH AFRICA, A BROTHER, - THE PREDICAMENT OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT!   

Credits: Idriss A Nassah

THURSDAY, 5 APRIL 2012 the scenes unfold, get your cup of coffee fam, its about to go down.

Bingu wa Mutharika, was fine at the beginning of the day on Thursday, 5th April 2012. He had his breakfast with the First Lady as usual. While in the office, he attended to some few telephone calls and started meeting some of the people who had appointments with him that morning

Then, around 11:10 am the president collapsed in the audience room while having audience with a Member of Parliament from his party at the State House in Lilongwe.

Pandemonium then ensued:

He was immediately carried to his office but at that point the he could neither speak nor respond & was breathing with difficulties. State House only had first aid kits, did not have facilities intended for the medical care of the President. So he was rushed to a public hospital

On arrival at Kamuzu Central Hospital, Bingu's eyes were closed, he was motionless, could not respond to anything and that there appeared to be no sign of life in him. He was placed in the ICU unit and connected to the machines but there was no response or sign of life whatsoever

Even the electrocardiogram (ECG) machine showed no sign of life. Its reading was a straight line, which in medical terms is referred to as “asystole”; NOLIFE.

Unfortunately, some essential emergency drugs needed to assist the president were not immediately available in the ICU such that some ICU staff were assigned to look for those drugs elsewhere within or outside the hospital.

Medical personnel tried CPR continuously for about 30 minutes, but soon realised the president was dead and that they should abandon the procedure. However, the President’s personal physician advised that the CPR should continue.

Defibrillators were also brought in to try and shock the president to induce heartbeat. These were tried on the president up to the maximum level for four times but there was still no response. After carrying on with the CPR for another 30 minutes, the staff in the ICU got tired.

The President’s physician was asked if they could stop the CPR but he refused and insisted that it goes on. As the CPR continued, it was noted after an hour that they had broken some ribs on the president in the process.

Senior doctors then told Peter Mutharika, the president's brother, that Bingu was dead. Peter told the doctors to still continue with the resuscitation efforts since the CPR procedure could be continued for up to three hours according to some medical literature that he had read.

At around 1:50 pm doctors agreed that there was nothing else that could be done. Bingu was dead. It was then decided that family members be called in to view the body. In came the First Lady, his daughter, Peter & lastly a Catholic Priest who gave the last anointing prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Guy was a Fraud!

Author: Nancy B.K Was the story intended for public view?   I am yet to find that out. You see we are all born to be wise by the admonitions taught. The Perfect Guy Movie I once gave up on everything, the work of not becoming myself just to become perfect and looking for the perfect guy. NOTE: If you are looking for the perfect guy, then you need to watch some thriller called ‘The perfect guy’ … forgetting that we are the ones to make our partners perfect because Mr.  & Ms. Perfect don’t exist, save for movie scripts and Mexican soap operas. You know the likes of Alejandro & Maximiliano from the soap operas. They say everyone is perfect in their own way but “my way” I still don’t know where it lies because as I came to learn Nobody’s perfect. Let’s say it’s because I haven’t got my ‘Mr. Right’, but is there really such a thing like a perfect partner? Maybe there is one out there perfectly created for me. Let me tell you of one, Alex “my ideal perfect ...

Her So Far Away!

In Her Own World Life has always been a journey, a journey with lots and lots of challenges. A journey with both success stories and failure. A journey for the strong and the weak where time and chance happens to both but only the smart ones sail through. Look, on this journey of life, in my daily hustles and bustles, I meet lots of people, people who have had positive and negative impact in my life, in equal measures. And NO, my story is not on that line. My story is on "HER." Look, on this day I am walking out of my place of work and I spot  HER. You see, men can point out pointees amidst the crowd. True story; a pointee is a pointee if only she behaves like a pointee... so here I am stranded looking at this pointee, and yes, magic happens I get a smile. True to my male genes, by a split of a second I had her phone number, I had her name. Bingooooo!! I just scored. Couple of days later, thanks to WhatsApp, we were best friends, just like that, that's how it...

Mind Games. Just Who Is In Charge? ~ Diaries!

My Diaries 1. Author: Bree.K From my diaries, about Mind Games, and how the modern gal and the modern dude wanna control each other... Let me get this right, so what’s bae? Is it an acronym that stands for ‘ before anyone else ’ or the shortened version for baby or babe? (according to google). This word lost meaning to me after my last encounter in a  situation-ship , lol, let me just say the last encounter with a guy I shared most of my teenage memories with. (You know those stupid happy lovey lovey moments, when you are this hot high school gal, that every Tom, Dick & Harry is yearning for?) Story for another day... to be continued ... Back to mind games and I stand to be corrected; I don’t think anyone in my generation still believes in marriage...(Can't believe I just said that) Dating has to be the sweet-bitter experience, yes we hang out, take selfies with the magic selfie-stick, post them on instagram, create love stories with them on  snap chat ,...