Skip to main content

PART4: VP JOYCE BANDA IS ALL ALONE, THE CENTER CAN NOT HOLD

PART4... PRESIDENT BINGU WA MUTHARIKA IS DEAD, VICE PRESIDENT JOYCE BANDA IS ALL ALONE, THE CENTER CAN NOT HOLD
DEEP STATE - Here is how it actually works...
.....Civil society groups immediately organized a press conference where they demanded full compliance with constitutional provisions and indicated that the vice president Mrs Joyce Banda was the rightful person to take charge in the event that the President was incapacitated or dead.
Former President Bakili Muluzi addressed a press conference & stated that the Constitution was very clear on the issue of succession in the event that the President was incapacitated. He demanded information on the state of the president’s health because rumour was he was dead.
On 6 April, Joyce Banda sent a letter to the Chief Cabinet Secretary seeking assurance that she was still Vice President and according to the Constitution she was in charge in the circumstance. The Chief Secretary did not respond to the letter.
Joyce Banda then called the Army Commander seeking assurance about the preservation of constitutional order. The army assured her that it was firmly behind maintaining the constitutional order & would like to see full implementation of the constitutional provisions on succession.
That afternoon, Joyce Banda invited media to her house where she read the following statement:
"I have invited you members of the press in view of the intense speculation that is going on in the country and the international media about the state of health of the State President, Bingu wa Mutharika, who was flown to South Africa yesterday for treatment.
The media’s interest in the matter is justified.The people of Malawi have the right to know about the state of health of our President. Government is waiting for a formal report on the state of health of our President. Meanwhile, I wish to appeal to all Malawians to remain calm"
But that evening the ruling party met and decided that they needed more time to make the announcement about the health of the President. At this meeting, everyone knew that the President had died but there was pretence that he was still alive but critically ill.
What they agreed was to file court papers to stop Joyce Banda at the High Court in the morning of 7th April. It was then agreed that soon after, cabinet would meet to elect Peter Mutharika Acting President. Once that was done, they would then announce the death of the President.
The Ministers agreed to prepare the people of Malawi for the events of the following day through a press statement. So a team of six ministers was appointed to draft a statement that was going to be read to the general public. They came to be known as the MIDNIGHT SIX
...Part 5 season finale, she is sworn in! The Midnight Six arrested!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her So Far Away!

In Her Own World Life has always been a journey, a journey with lots and lots of challenges. A journey with both success stories and failure. A journey for the strong and the weak where time and chance happens to both but only the smart ones sail through. Look, on this journey of life, in my daily hustles and bustles, I meet lots of people, people who have had positive and negative impact in my life, in equal measures. And NO, my story is not on that line. My story is on "HER." Look, on this day I am walking out of my place of work and I spot  HER. You see, men can point out pointees amidst the crowd. True story; a pointee is a pointee if only she behaves like a pointee... so here I am stranded looking at this pointee, and yes, magic happens I get a smile. True to my male genes, by a split of a second I had her phone number, I had her name. Bingooooo!! I just scored. Couple of days later, thanks to WhatsApp, we were best friends, just like that, that's how it...

The Perfect Guy was a Fraud!

Author: Nancy B.K Was the story intended for public view?   I am yet to find that out. You see we are all born to be wise by the admonitions taught. The Perfect Guy Movie I once gave up on everything, the work of not becoming myself just to become perfect and looking for the perfect guy. NOTE: If you are looking for the perfect guy, then you need to watch some thriller called ‘The perfect guy’ … forgetting that we are the ones to make our partners perfect because Mr.  & Ms. Perfect don’t exist, save for movie scripts and Mexican soap operas. You know the likes of Alejandro & Maximiliano from the soap operas. They say everyone is perfect in their own way but “my way” I still don’t know where it lies because as I came to learn Nobody’s perfect. Let’s say it’s because I haven’t got my ‘Mr. Right’, but is there really such a thing like a perfect partner? Maybe there is one out there perfectly created for me. Let me tell you of one, Alex “my ideal perfect ...

You are AMAZING!

Believe and Act So! You want to discover how amazing you are? This piece is not for you, I have no power to help anyone discover how marvelous they are. With all honesty and sincerity, I have no such powers. What I have is nothing magical, its what you have been told each day, each stage of your life. I bet a thousand times you must have been told "You are amazing" a thousand times you were filled with joy, a thousand times you were proud of yourself; Why? people know that you are amazing and that feels cool! Mine is simple. Point out to you why you being amazing is not just mere words of inspiration that gives you joy for while, then you get back to your old self.  Some years back I meet some guy in college, this was my first week  in college and its was during orientation. Mike, the friend I just met in my first week in college shared with me something that I have never forgotten to date. He came from rural Kenya, but the guy was intelligent as I came to realiz...