Skip to main content

LIGHT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

LIGHT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL: A group of schools in Kenya that sees themselves as a leading school that integrates technology and education.
LIS Schools in Kenya
•LIS Mombasa
•LIS Malindi
•LIS Primary Nairobi
•LIS Kindergarten Nairobi
•LA Nairobi
•LA Mombasa
What do they aim to do your kids?
MORALLY UPRIGHT: Mould them to be well-rounded.
SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE: Make them appreciate cultural differences and become environmentally conscious
ACADEMICALLY COMPETENT: Provide an environment where your children are technologically savvy as they go about their studies.
Breakdown of study units
▪Kindergarten (Age 3-5): They use the British EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) programme, coupled with the Jolly Phonics reading program.
Subjects taught
♤English, Phonics, Mathematics, Science
♤Art and Craft, Cooking, Music, Sports
♤Practical life, Social behavior lesson
♤Music and movement
Fees Per Term
•Admission Fee KES 25,000 Non-Refundable
•Caution Fee KES 40,000 Refundable
•Application Fee KES 5,000
•Age 3-4 (Nursery) KES 100,000
•Age 4-5 (Reception) KES 100,000
•Lunch (Per Term) KES 18,000
OTHER FEES
•Text Books & Stationery Fee KES 15,000 Annual
•Clubs & Activities Fee* KES 8,000 Termly
•Emergency Ambulance Service KES 1,000 Annual
•Outpatient Health Insurance* KES 2,000 Annual
•Year Book KES 2,000 Annual
▪Primary (Year 1-6), Fees Per Term
•Admission Fee KES 25,000 Non-Refundable
•Caution Fee KES 40,000 Refundable
•Application Fee KES 5,000
•Year 1-2 KES 130,000
•Year 3-4 KES 165,000
•Year 5-6 KES 215,000
OTHER FEES
•Lunch (Per Term) KES 24,000
•Text Books & Stationery Fee KES 25,000 Annual
•Clubs & Activities Fee* KES 8,000 Termly
•ICT Fee KES 8,000 Annual
•Emergency Ambulance Service KES 1,000 Annual
•Outpatient Health Insurance* KES 2,000 Annual
•Year Book KES 2,000 Annual
•ISIC Card (Student ID Card) KES 1,500 Annual
▪Secondary 1(Year 7 -9):
Subjects taught
♤Biology, Chemistry, Drama, Economics
♤Life Skills, Mathematics, Art & Design
♤Music, Physics, Geography, History
♤French, Spanish, German, Turkish, Literature
♤Mind Games, Physical Education,
♤Global Perspectives,
♤English as a First language
♤Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
•Secondary 2, Age 10 - 11 (IGCSE)
Subjects taught
♤Art & Design, Music, Biology, Chemistry
♤Drama, Economics, Geography, History
♤Mathematics, Physics, Life skills
♤Business Studies, Physical Education
♤Global Perspectives,
♤English as a First Language
♤ French as a Second language
♤German as a Second language
♤Spanish as a Second language
♤Turkish as a First language
♤Information & Communication Technology(ICT)
•As/A Level (Age 12 -13): This is the ‘gold standard’ of Cambridge qualifications,
accepted as an entry qualification by world’s best universities in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore, Egypt, Jordan, South Africa, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Kenya, Malaysia and elsewhere around the world.
Assessment: Light International School(LIS) holds Cambridge International AS & A Level
examination series twice a year, in June and November for both LIS students and private candidates. Results are issued in August and January.
Senior School (Secondary 1, Secondary 2, As/A level) Fees Per Term
•Admission Fee KES 25,000 Non-Refundable
•Caution Fee KES 40,000 Refundable
•Boarding Caution Fee KES 20,000 Refundable
•Application Fee KES 5,000
>Breakdown into: Tuition, Weekly boarding & Full boarding
•Year 7-8 KES 260,000 KES 175,000 KES 200,000
•Year 9-10 KES 275,000 KES 175,000 KES 200,000
•Year 11* KES 412,500 KES 262,500 KES 300,000
•Year 12-13* KES 480,000 KES 262,500 KES 300,000
OTHER FEES
•LUNCH (Per Term) KES 30,000 (For Day Students)
•ICT Fee KES 8,000 Annual
•Clubs & Activities Fee* KES 8,000 Termly
•Emergency Ambulance Service KES 1,000 Annual
•Outpatient Health Insurance** KES 2,000 Annual
•Year Book KES 2,000 Annual
•Career Counselling Programme KES 5,000 Once Only for Yr 9 and above
•ISIC Card (Student ID Card) KES 1,500 Annual





 

Comments

  1. Make your child a learner and gift them the best one-on-one live online tuition classes that discover the child potential
    For Get More info +91- 9654271931, +968-71912179
    Visit us on:-best online tuition

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Her So Far Away!

In Her Own World Life has always been a journey, a journey with lots and lots of challenges. A journey with both success stories and failure. A journey for the strong and the weak where time and chance happens to both but only the smart ones sail through. Look, on this journey of life, in my daily hustles and bustles, I meet lots of people, people who have had positive and negative impact in my life, in equal measures. And NO, my story is not on that line. My story is on "HER." Look, on this day I am walking out of my place of work and I spot  HER. You see, men can point out pointees amidst the crowd. True story; a pointee is a pointee if only she behaves like a pointee... so here I am stranded looking at this pointee, and yes, magic happens I get a smile. True to my male genes, by a split of a second I had her phone number, I had her name. Bingooooo!! I just scored. Couple of days later, thanks to WhatsApp, we were best friends, just like that, that's how it...

The Perfect Guy was a Fraud!

Author: Nancy B.K Was the story intended for public view?   I am yet to find that out. You see we are all born to be wise by the admonitions taught. The Perfect Guy Movie I once gave up on everything, the work of not becoming myself just to become perfect and looking for the perfect guy. NOTE: If you are looking for the perfect guy, then you need to watch some thriller called ‘The perfect guy’ … forgetting that we are the ones to make our partners perfect because Mr.  & Ms. Perfect don’t exist, save for movie scripts and Mexican soap operas. You know the likes of Alejandro & Maximiliano from the soap operas. They say everyone is perfect in their own way but “my way” I still don’t know where it lies because as I came to learn Nobody’s perfect. Let’s say it’s because I haven’t got my ‘Mr. Right’, but is there really such a thing like a perfect partner? Maybe there is one out there perfectly created for me. Let me tell you of one, Alex “my ideal perfect ...

You are AMAZING!

Believe and Act So! You want to discover how amazing you are? This piece is not for you, I have no power to help anyone discover how marvelous they are. With all honesty and sincerity, I have no such powers. What I have is nothing magical, its what you have been told each day, each stage of your life. I bet a thousand times you must have been told "You are amazing" a thousand times you were filled with joy, a thousand times you were proud of yourself; Why? people know that you are amazing and that feels cool! Mine is simple. Point out to you why you being amazing is not just mere words of inspiration that gives you joy for while, then you get back to your old self.  Some years back I meet some guy in college, this was my first week  in college and its was during orientation. Mike, the friend I just met in my first week in college shared with me something that I have never forgotten to date. He came from rural Kenya, but the guy was intelligent as I came to realiz...