Skip to main content

THE 600-YEAR-OLD BRITISH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL - Kenya!

THE 600-YEAR-OLD BRITISH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL: Opens doors in Africa, Kenya to be specific!

In search of quality Early Years Foundation education for your kids? One of the world's oldest schools the prestigious Durham School has announced they are making entry into Africa through its first African Campus in Kenya.
Durham School is over 600 years old and was home to top distinguished personalities in different fields such as Sir Peter Vardy Chairman Vardy Group plc, Sir Robert Owen UK High Court Judge, Sir Donald Limon Clerk to the House of Commons, and Peter Lodge Transplant Surgeon.
The school that was first founded in 1414, and later re-founded by King Henry VIII of England in 1541, will begin operations in January 2021 and will offer the British curriculum starting with nursery and prep-school for ages two to six
Welcoming the announcement, British High Commissioner to Kenya, Jane Marriott says, “As a former student of History at Durham University, I am delighted Durham will be opening a school in Nairobi in January 2021. Education links are a key part of the UK and Kenya’s relationship, and it’s fantastic to see Durham School is the first British school to open a branch in East Africa,”
According to Mrs. Ann Champion, the Early Years Foundation Stage Director, Durham International Nursery & Pre-Prep School will be an exciting place for your kid; it will be a family school, building on a strong sense of community between pupils, parents, and staff.
IMPORTANTLY: Durham's EYFS framework is organised into the seven interconnected areas below of learning and development that I found to be very important as the child grows up.
Social and Emotional Development
Communication and Language
Physical Development
Literacy
Mathematics
Understanding the World
Expressive Arts and Design
SCHOOL FEE: Couldn't find the fee structure, however, being Durham, you can expect the school fee to be in the same range as other international schools in Kenya.
Is this a school you would love your kid to join?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Guy was a Fraud!

Author: Nancy B.K Was the story intended for public view?   I am yet to find that out. You see we are all born to be wise by the admonitions taught. The Perfect Guy Movie I once gave up on everything, the work of not becoming myself just to become perfect and looking for the perfect guy. NOTE: If you are looking for the perfect guy, then you need to watch some thriller called ‘The perfect guy’ … forgetting that we are the ones to make our partners perfect because Mr.  & Ms. Perfect don’t exist, save for movie scripts and Mexican soap operas. You know the likes of Alejandro & Maximiliano from the soap operas. They say everyone is perfect in their own way but “my way” I still don’t know where it lies because as I came to learn Nobody’s perfect. Let’s say it’s because I haven’t got my ‘Mr. Right’, but is there really such a thing like a perfect partner? Maybe there is one out there perfectly created for me. Let me tell you of one, Alex “my ideal perfect ...

Mind Games. Just Who Is In Charge? ~ Diaries!

My Diaries 1. Author: Bree.K From my diaries, about Mind Games, and how the modern gal and the modern dude wanna control each other... Let me get this right, so what’s bae? Is it an acronym that stands for ‘ before anyone else ’ or the shortened version for baby or babe? (according to google). This word lost meaning to me after my last encounter in a  situation-ship , lol, let me just say the last encounter with a guy I shared most of my teenage memories with. (You know those stupid happy lovey lovey moments, when you are this hot high school gal, that every Tom, Dick & Harry is yearning for?) Story for another day... to be continued ... Back to mind games and I stand to be corrected; I don’t think anyone in my generation still believes in marriage...(Can't believe I just said that) Dating has to be the sweet-bitter experience, yes we hang out, take selfies with the magic selfie-stick, post them on instagram, create love stories with them on  snap chat ,...

Her So Far Away!

In Her Own World Life has always been a journey, a journey with lots and lots of challenges. A journey with both success stories and failure. A journey for the strong and the weak where time and chance happens to both but only the smart ones sail through. Look, on this journey of life, in my daily hustles and bustles, I meet lots of people, people who have had positive and negative impact in my life, in equal measures. And NO, my story is not on that line. My story is on "HER." Look, on this day I am walking out of my place of work and I spot  HER. You see, men can point out pointees amidst the crowd. True story; a pointee is a pointee if only she behaves like a pointee... so here I am stranded looking at this pointee, and yes, magic happens I get a smile. True to my male genes, by a split of a second I had her phone number, I had her name. Bingooooo!! I just scored. Couple of days later, thanks to WhatsApp, we were best friends, just like that, that's how it...